Certified in both automotive & marine specializing in performance.
We rebuild long and short block engines, cylinder heads and crankshafts and afterwards they are equivalent or better than new!
RPM has been re-building engines for over two decades and our experience in engine rebuilding far exceeds our competitions’.
Our in-stock inventory of long and short block automotive, light truck and marine engines can expedite your needs in case you can’t wait for a full engine rebuild.
Being avid long time boating enthusiast ourselves, RPM has 33 years of extensive experience in repair of inboard and inboard outboard engines.
Some outdated, obsolete or impossible to find aluminum or stainless parts can be manufactured on site.
Rebuilt marine engines are run before delivery. Engines are leak checked and coolant temps and oil pressures are recorded before the engine reinstall.
Performance boating options include stroker and supercharged engines, camshaft and exhaust swaps and cylinder head/intake manifold upgrades.
Smaller Pleasure craft diesels such as Yanmar, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and Cummins are repaired/rebuilt on site.
Closed system intercoolers are surgically cleaned in our 4KW ultrasound cleaner.
Marine transmissions such as ZF, Twin Disc, Paragon are rebuilt along with the smaller Hurth sailboat trannies.
If it's boat related, we're your first call.
- Complete dis-assembly of engine block and cylinder head including all plugs
- Thermal cleaning and hi-pressure jet wash
- Casting inspection for damage or flaws (magnaflux and pressure testing)
- Precision machining on engine block, crankshaft, connecting rods and cylinder heads
- Engine block boring, honing, and if necessary line hone and block decking
- Crankshaft inspection, journal welding, straightening, journal grinding and micro polishing
- Cylinder heads reconditioned with new bronze guide liners, valve springs, valve stem seals, resurface of valves, seats and head gasket surface area
- Camshaft (new are flat tappet cam only, roller cams are polished and reused)
- Lifters (new are flat tappet lifters only, roller lifters are professionaly remanufactured)
- Cam Bearings
- Timing Chain & Gears
- Connecting Rod and Main Bearings
- Engine Gasket Kit
- Oil Pump
- Freeze Plugs and Oil Galley Plugs